Latest Art Work

Friday, May 12, 2006

Sacred Feminine

Because the movie is going to be screen soon, I decided to start reading Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code (skipping the Angel & Demons). And what was written, was indeed startling. No wonder it created such an uproar when it first got published. I am so utterly amazed by the facts that I do wonder, is this for real?

Did the author spend many years to find all these stuff, to link them up, to conjure a story. Or is this the truth?

The reason why I felt amazed is the part where it seems to be worshipping the sacred feminine.

While at it, I found several Da Vinci Code to unscramble.
http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/main.html
http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/index-utc.php

Interesting quest. Though I did not solve them myself.

Anyway back to my topic, christianity is something I do not really dwell. But to talk about sacred feminie is interesting as I'm quit feminist at heart. It seems that this novel is written with a hope to bring back the balance. Hmm...

2 comments:

Wisely said...

initially wanted to read the 中文翻譯版,but in the end got the english one cos 原汁原味...sigh, check dictionary like mad, read until cockeye -____-||

Butterflygalz said...

haha. don't worry. I had to refer to www.dictionary.com & www.babelfish.altavista.com ... twice worst off than u. In the end I think I got lazy and just guess the meaning of all those french words.