Latest Art Work

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Lost in our times

I was so happy to watch <<我的少女時代>> in Jan. So happy that I forgot my sadness then.

But now that I sit down to blog about all the quotes, all the sadness have come back to me...

时间会改变一个人,会改变很多事。
但是,只有一件事不会被改变,那就是---回忆!

the memories each time I'm cutting celery...
the memories each time I use the thumb drive...
the memories each time I type my password...
No wonder some people try to alter memories... Maybe if that is successful, the world will be less painful... and less love...

或许一直以来都是远远望着谁的背影,
却忘了身边让自己最自在相处的那个人,最让人动心。

I agree we always take for granted the Present. This nicely boxed up gift, who will always be there. Or at least you thought so. Until one day you realised this gift is missing. And then you start getting frantic where it went. Even if I'm prepared for the Present to be lost. I still wish for otherwise. After all everybody wishes for the wistful Past. Which will always be glorified in our memories.

人理所当然的忘记是谁风里雨里一直默默守护在原地。

People in my line realised this phenomenon. Before we had this job, friends were never committed to meet us that frequently. But after this job, every time they know we are back, they will schedule a catch-up session. And we ended up seeing them more often than before. So sometimes I wonder is leaving a good thing? It might make people treasure us more but actually we are the same we. So has it been mis-valued just because we are no easily accessed by them. I guess I digress again.

世界太快了,总有一首歌,你忘不掉;
人海茫茫,总有一个人,守候在角落,等你回首。

Yes the world is going full speed right now. I don't know if I can handle the next avalanche of questions directed at me. But then it could just be me assuming. Maybe nobody will ask me anything. Because everybody is busy asking questions too anyway.

在那个没有手机,没有网路的年代
消失,是很容易的事!

In this time, people can still get lost. My sponsored child for e.g. has now left for greener pastures. I always know she is the intellectual one. Funny I once thought that I will improve my Chinese letter writing for her sake. And that Doc can also write to her. And suddenly I was told that she has left this community for further studies. And the unique journey has ended. I do wish her well in her future studies from the bottom of my heart. Just that I realised this gap feeling I have in me keeps growing.

And so I thought about it, if I R today, will they still be able to contact me. Do I want them to contact me? Will I be gossiped about. In my world though, I no longer can leave silently. Footsteps are everywhere. But at the same time I am thankful of all the blog posts. Just have to get used to the digital imprints.




0 comments: