Latest Art Work

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hanafubuki


Hanafubuki 花吹雪...

知つてる?

桜の花の落ちるスピード。

秒速5センチメートル。。。

I was supposed to publish this post in April after watching the 花吹雪 but I chose the sunset/sunrise topic after watching a video on it.

And thus this got archived till I watched 「秒速5センチメートル」and 「言の葉の庭」. A series of short films that deals with love loss. And I remember about 花吹雪 and 新宿御苑.

I had the opportunity to catch this year's sakura season. And I can't express how happy I was to finally really see sakura for the first time. Not just a sakura tree in Melbourne's RBG Children Garden.


As the ground turns pink, everywhere becomes a pink paradise to me for a week. I remember I could spend hours, just videoing the 花吹雪. I remember I could take shots and shots of the petals. I remember trying to keep some of the fallen intact sakura as souvenir. And I remember how much I wished that sakura could last, and yet it is the snowstorm that is the most beautiful. Such is the paradox of life.

"Because, beauty is only as beautiful as it is mortal."
PAUL HUDSON

With every blow of the wind,
floats a handful of sakura snow,
And as the minutes flew by,
you know the pink paradise will end soon.

A loss is always hard to deal with. It always lead to a broken heart.


And that has always been the comfort I seek. That the heart I broke will mend as shown evidently a few years ago. However I don't understand why breaking a heart is a necessary one. Because it indeed is such a brutal misery to carry it for so long. I can only hope the time of passage can enlighten me on that soon. As I hope another broken heart continues its journey to be mended one day.

ごめんなさい.

p/s: Cap friend, I think you are the only one that still visits this garden. Sometimes I have thoughts to forsaken my secret garden. Sometimes, I do wonder how secret is this garden though. And sometimes I worry seeking this garden because one only seeks one's garden when in pensive mood. And I fear when one spend too much time thinking, it might hurts the brain. But yes maybe the 2 inflight movies that I watched has lead me to be in such deep thoughts that I needed a place to offload before the heart grows heavy, I guess. The brain and the heart, it is always about which one matters more at that present... But it's funny that that the present is not the present I'm now grasping... 

0 comments: