Latest Art Work

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Grandparents

If you are not a grandparent you will still love this. If you are it shows
how precious the babies are and what we mean to them.

WHAT IS A GRANDPARENT?
(Taken from papers written by a class of 8-year-olds)

Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of their own.
They like other people's.

A grandfather is a man, & a grandmother is a lady!

Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see
them.. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It is good if they
drive us to the shops and give us money.*****BIG CNY Gang pows specially..................

When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves
and caterpillars.

They show us and talk to us about the colours of the flowers and also why we
shouldn't step on 'cracks.'

They don't say, 'Hurry up.'

Usually grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.

They wear glasses and funny underwear.

They can take their teeth and gums out.

Grandparents don't have to be smart..

They have to answer questions like 'Why isn't God married?' and 'How come
dogs chase cats?'

When they read to us, they don't skip. They don't mind if we ask for the
same story over again.

Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have
television because they are the only grownups who like to spend time with
us.


They know we should have snack time before bed time, and they say prayers
with us and kiss us even when we've acted bad.

A 6-YEAR-OLD WAS ASKED WHERE HIS GRANDMA
LIVED. ''OH,'' HE SAID, ''SHE LIVES AT THE AIRPORT, AND WHEN WE WANT HER, WE JUST GO GET HER. THEN WHEN WE'RE DONE HAVING HER VISIT, WE TAKE HER BACK TO THE AIRPORT.''

GRANDPA IS THE SMARTEST MAN ON EARTH! HE TEACHES ME GOOD THINGS, BUT I DON'T GET TO SEE HIM ENOUGH TO GET AS SMART AS HIM!

Bflygal comments: I read this via an email on 8th Feb 2011. And was reminded about the scene on 3rd Feb 2011. CNY first day. The first time my grandpa did not give me his CNY blessing. As I wished him happy CNY that day, I realised how fast a person can age. It seems to be like a roller coaster ride down as one approaches the end of his life. But how sure are we that the end is coming soon? Have we given up the hope of life too early? Forgive me that I do not have as much memories of him as I do of the rest of my other grandparents whom have all left me when I was young. Forgive me that even though I stayed with him for the recent years, I could no longer exchange much words with him by then. Forgive me that whatever past contributions he had done had been lost since we had sold that house though it was for his sake we had to move. And forgive me that as his granddaughter, I really did not and could not do anything at all. I could only wish that he is able to retain any beautiful memories that he would like to cherish to accompany him. I could only hope that this CNY, even though he was no longer aware of it, he would be able to enjoy it sufficiently.

p/s: Lately, quite a lot of people has been commenting that I am heartless. As my own worst critic, if I keep allowing these people to say such stuff to me, I probably will break down. Truth is, I don't think I am heartless. Is just that I need to put in effort and that takes time. And sometimes, I really don't know what are their demands. I remember sempai in the past define friends as someone who must meet regularly. And always say I'm not a good friend. But after awhile, he realised that meetups are time consuming and dropped his expectation of friends. Because seriously if I listen to his demands, I probably will tire out only. Anyway sigh I know I still owe capricorn friend an email just as I owe CL lots of emails.. I also wish I have 72 hours a day because I don't seem to have sufficient time to accomplish everything. I really feel that human relationships are so tricky that I really want to be a hermit soon. Then perhaps I will not feel so guilty at not spending sufficient time and effort with everybody whom I care for.

0 comments: