Latest Art Work

Monday, December 06, 2010

Live a life that matters



Was checking my old mails (those with attachments) and downloaded a few to read to waste some bandwidth and happen to see this one.

Suddenly remember cL asked me something I did not reply (usual). But I had planned to search an old pensieve before replying then. It was June 2010. I had been waiting for an interview with a prestige company (which I still fail in the end). And I remembered I told myself once I get a suitable job, I can sponsor my second child. I even had decided the country I want the child to come from. At that time I had shelved the plan for half a year. Presently, the plan had been postponed a year exactly. But I did realised it.

As for why I wanted to do so.. if the video is correct, then what you measure in life is not what you possessed but what you gave. I always remember the story of a poor lady who is willingly to give what she can spare to help the poor... even if the amount is insignificant to the common folks. I am not rich either else you wouldn't see me cooking my lunch and dinner but feasting everyday. I don't plan to be the old lady either, I just feel it is a good way to curb me to splurge on my wants haha.

And I don't think I will teach these children anything either. For this second sponsored child, I'm expecting the child to teach me Chinese in fact haha. But sigh, as of now I am still stuck in Melbourne and unable to see the child's profile nor be able to write my first letter to the child. I'm also wondering what Christmas letter my first sponsored child will give me this year. Sigh, now I really wish I'm back home. 10 more days.

0 comments: