Latest Art Work

Sunday, October 31, 2010

GE Run


It was my first time volunteering for a sport event.. quite happy to hear about the lobang that time and just jumped into it because GE run had been one of those ladies run I had wanted to participate when I was in my previous job.

The day started early for the volunteers... and we had our free breakfast. As it was free, I shall not complain too much about the quality of it, because it is still edible nonetheless. Be grateful especially when you have transport provided, food given, reimbursement and goodies to get too. It really is a good deal.

Then we made our way to the various stops. Mine was the last water stop! For once I finally understood the drinks that I have been drinking, how it was being prepared and how it was being delivered in my hands (if I had been running). I would say seriously, I may think twice drinking the sports drink for my next marathon... but but.. I think my stomach is made of steel so should be alright...


Waited till all the participants ran past us before we start packing up. I realised there is a heap of wastage generated after the event. There are still recycling efforts being taken especially with the carbon boards and plastic bottles. But we also did generate quite a fair amount of rubbish sadly. All those paper cups that the sweeper has to sweep it up. Hmm sometimes such event isn't really healthy for earth I guess.

After that, the morning is gone and I went out with my friend. Oh I must say GE run goodies is just as good as Shape Run. Seriously I think I should just focus on ladies run, they really give me much more useful stuff.


0 comments: