Latest Art Work

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Daylight Savings Time





Many years ago, Doc tried to explain to me about DST too as she adjusted the clock. At that time, though I was curious why would people need to manually adjust the clock, I did not do any research.

But now that I'm in Melbourne and this is going to affect me, I start wondering how does this impacts me. My initial response was, that means I'm now 3 hours ahead of SG. Gosh... that suddenly sounds even further.

Then a friend said I get to sleep an hour more. But I kept thinking the logic, if I'm adding an hour, aren't I losing a hour instead. So I should sleep now right instead of blog. Cos I'm seriously lack of sleep already and am now suffering from a runny nose.

And then CL tells me that she is not affected. Then I realized DST affects not only specific countries but at different dates and times too. Oh and I asked her a stupid question on GMT and then remembered we visited Greenwich together and her GMT should be zero hahah.

And while reading http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/g.html, I found out a list of countries affected and how even the same country could implement DST on different time. Interesting...

p/s: Many days later, I realised the good thing about DST... I finally could leave office in daylight and slot in an evening jog, admiring the beautiful sunset along the way...

0 comments: