Latest Art Work

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Rally

I have never been to a rally. But I know its power and how it always seem to motivate it. It is an essential ingredient and secret recipe for any MLM companies except you always must pay. And I never believing in paying to satisfy my curiosity, that is probably my only minus point and obstacle.

So when I was invited to attend one for free, I just say yes. Afterall when I join the company, I wanted to know the insides of a MLM style minus the MLM. And it had been rewarding as I am listening to all these motivational speakers teaching you how to fulfil your dream. As mentioned, to be successful, you have to be with the successful.

The first speaker was James Greaves, vice president of the Appco sharing with us how the founder Chris Niarchos had a vision for his company - global expansion. His sales was not good but each day when he return to office, Chris will just repeat his vision and he will perserve for one more day for that dream. That was 23 years ago.

Second speaker was a Singaporean, Wong Chee Wai. He uprooted himself to Thailand to be their organisation head. He had 4 tips:
1. Think big
2. High standards
3. Stay humble
4. Embrace failure
5. Never give up

Because it does not matter how long you take to reach as long as you get there.

Chris Niarchos, the founder, also made a speech sharing with all that not everybody is a natural. Most actually use their own fortes and maximise them. As usual he believed if you want to be something more, you have to be around people who are that. However, most importantly, is how one defines wealth - because wealth is what you are comfortable with as you write your own ticket.

Michael Scully, country head of Germany, feels that we must believe in what we do. When people doubt you, it is a challenge but when you doubt yourself, you gave people the reason to doubt too.

When an idea becomes a dream, and you empower it, it will come true. Thus never let those who doubt you steal your dreams.

The last speaker I was listening to was a guy who doesn’t believe in luck. He only believed that the harder you work, the luckier you get as you make your own luck. Most importantly, you should never take your foot off the pedal.

Afterall, progression happens only if you are teaching others your job.

Anyway the rally was held in Putrajaya, somewhere in KL. I did not have spare time to explore this place though but the scenery where the building is located is fabulous.


My last thought of this trip probably is this little sticker found in my hotel… What was running in my mind was – “I think the sticker is too far away from the sprinkler”… hahaha

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good site.