Latest Art Work

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Disused railway track

A group of children were playing near two railway tracks, one still in use while the other disused. Only one child played on the disused track, the rest on the operational track. The train came, and you were just beside the track interchange. It was not possible to stop the train but You could make the train change its course to the disused track and saved most of the kids. However, that would also mean the lone child playing by the disused track would be sacrificed. Or would you rather let the train go its way?
Source: My previous post from an email
In the past when I read it, I wondered why must there be people who played on operational track. Is it fair to let the lone child suffer? And my friend mentioned maybe even the train might be in trouble and that the group of children will know how to run when the train is coming. Lots of logic.

But today when I read it again, I only had one question, am I the lone child? The week was unbearable because of the sun that I actually burnt my feet. See the two tones...

Actually to leave two jobs in the same week really felt weird. And to be used as a political tool really felt horrible. Sometimes I wonder why must there be office politics. That is the reason why I started having thoughts of freelancing. At least I might be able to avoid all these manipulations.

And actually I don't like the feeling of not reaching the finishing line. I never planned to give up that early too even though I never shared the same vision as them. Thus I never follow their system and did it my own way. Was that wrong? Why must I be penalised?

Anyway looking back after the event, I guessed I expected the outcome. When my trainer went on leave, I started to feel isolated already. And the boss can sense how suppressed I feel each day. I cannot insist on my altruism with these pressing demands and expectations. Thus towards the end, I started having difficulty even getting someone to say yes. But to wrap it up, at least I learnt lots from these few gruelling weeks. I can now recognise sales tactics and know a little bit more about how to make human ticks.

Lately, I'm thinking if I should go back school again.. to do a degree course in psychology.. but I'm afraid... or rather I know, the actualities of psychology is not what I thought it was when I was younger.. If only I'm less idealistic..

0 comments: