Latest Art Work

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ghost Fleet

Source: Dailymail

I was complaining to senior for not updating my news feeds recently and *plod* he delivered me this super worrisome news. Worrisome in an ironical way though. I left that industry a year ago when every analyst was saying their accounts will continue to be black, where everybody else financial statements are dangerously going to be coloured red. I left that industry known for its high bonus because I was seeking freedom.

So logically I should not be worried for them... but reading this line...

Thus the labours of today's Korean shipbuilders merely represent the completion of contracts ordered in the fat years of 2006 and 2007. Those ships will now sail out into a global economy that no longer wants them.

I really don't wish such a situation to happen though. The world is already in such a mess. 1 year after Lehman Brother's collapse is the topic of the Financial world (and practically everybody's world) these days. Maybe it really is a see-saw world out there... When I am down and you are up.... I guess I can only hope for the best...

p/s: Dailymail has an interesting feature. When I copied the text, it help me append a footer e.g.
'So far the shipyards are continuing to work, but the problems will start to emerge next year and certainly in 2011, because that is when the current orders will have been delivered. There have hardly been any new orders in the past year. In 2011, the shipyards will simply run out of ships to build.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1212013/Revealed-The-ghost-fleet-recession.html#ixzz0REB8UmS7

Cool feature! (And I digress as usual... )

0 comments: