Latest Art Work

Saturday, November 15, 2008

What is your world vision?

It's been a weird week.. and I just keep feeling lost and dejected and bored and.... all the depressing feelings one can name.

Thus it is with mixed feelings that I attended the new sponsor's meeting, considering I have not sent my letter to my child (written but no stamp affixed yet). But I'm glad I attended the meeting even though I skipped dinner (thankfully mum had sushi leftover which I just gobbled down... which double my feeling on how lucky I am compared to the many others).

Learn more about what WV does, how sponsorship helps... what type of gifts I can give my child (I'm already deciding what to give her for her xmas gift, something inexpensive.. something I don't need... the benefit of having a child is you can give her stuff you don't use but is still new and useful in a child's view... haha).  I got high hopes on my child btw as she loves drawing and her bday falls in the range of my family members... (part of the reason why I decided on her because you know, how close my family bdays are...  That reminds me, another sponsor chose the child because she share the same bday as her and she felt fated.  Funnily, that was my bday too hahaha)

I particularly like the movie they show us.  The slogan:
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness; our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.

The children saying their world vision: Asking for a voice, a real voice.  Asking for education, for knowledge. (Reminded me about Sing to the Dawn.  I love that story about how a girl seek for her own education... how many girls are slighted when it comes to studying.  While I felt angry about how the movie changed the story when I first watched it, but I changed my mind when my friend told me it was tied with some animal/nature conservation message.  Torn between my love for nature and for the world to help each other.. I have decided to just appreciate the movie as it is, a deviation from the story).   Asking to be taught "to fish" and not to be "given the fish".  Asking for water... for things we took for granted, they treasured gratefully.  Asking to be cured from AIDS (anyone watched the AIDS show screening in Channel 8 at 9pm weekdays?  I am particularly upset when the innocent has to suffer because of it... the children especially... )

Then they showed us an interactive flash they made which was very informative (Click here to view it).  Somehow I left the meeting with a different feeling.  The thought that I must work hard, to sponsor my child.. and hopefully more to come...  Oh and that I must write to her.. and see her annual progress... When they showed the difference of the first letter of the child (drawing of the child's hand) and a letter 8 years later with words and photo... that feeling is amazing.  I only hope that I must not turn lazy... and that GA will guide me to where I want..

(Sidenote:  Part of the reason for the depressing feeling is because the girl who joined 3 days before me is going to Canada.. and India for training soon... while I'm still lost in this new area they are setting up.  However I did tell GA that I want to be in SG until my friends' weddings are over... 1 each month starting from tonight haha.  Plus I am fully aware that my position is new because unlike those before me, I did not inherit any laptops or mobile.. but was given brand new... just that more stress because I don't know what is expected of me... )

0 comments: