Latest Art Work

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The golf balls, the pebbles and the sand…

My friend recently sent me the mayonnaise jar story. The miracle of emails is that I can read certain stories again and again and never get tired… Anyway as reminded…

The golf balls are the important things - God, family, children, health, friends, and favourite passions -- Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life (the jar) would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, house, and car.

The sand is everything else -- The small stuff.

If you put the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

So...
Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
Play With your children.
Take time to get medical checkups.
Take your partner out to dinner.

There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.

Take care of the golf balls first -- the things that really matter.
Set your priorities.
The rest is just sand.'

And no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a cup of coffee with a friend.'

Since I came back from tw, I've been busy with my lasik and its reviews (the nurse says everything is fine, and that those glares are common side effects… and to reduce the glare of my monitor if I really have problem focusing… which I already did before that), with docent training, with work. And when I'm in front of my home pc, I am just so glued to pure 19...

So things I have not done include... writing the postcard to Doc. When you do get it, you will understand why I asked you remember that photo. And btw, I only know smelly tofu is 臭豆腐. Is there other name? Hmm today is Thursday already, hope my friend had a safe trip back in London... And also wish another friend enjoy the last 2 weeks in SG... miss them both... Coincidentally, knew them since my secondary school days...

Anyway watched Over the Hedge as part of the movie screening event in zoo (other than Transformer.. which reminded me of my blog song) and I remembered the scheming raccoon introducing to the rest of the animals the types of food found in the human world. To the animals, they eat to live, but humans, they live to eat. And when he asked them, do you think the food is enough. These animals nodded their head, but he replied,

"To humans, enough is never enough
And what they don’t want, they put it in gleaming silver can."


The amount of trash we generate is appalling... even when we promote the 3R (reduce, reuse, recycle). And it is a slow and painful process to revamp your lifestyle I guess.. Telling myself to try to catch the movie Wall-E.. is about a forsaken Earth polluted by the thrash human generated.

Anyway the quote 'enough is never enough' could refer to any aspects too. Because humans are not easily pleased. Like there are so many things I wish to blog. Like my thoughts just keep running amok. And that I wish to be like that squirrel who drank the caffeine and ended up accomplishing a lot of things faster than time travel.

0 comments: