Latest Art Work

Monday, June 30, 2008

Back from Taiwan

Just a post to say I’m back from Taiwan, Taipei to be exact since I only visited Taoyuan (Airport & 小人国) and Taipei ( 龙山寺,台北 101, 阳明山,渔人码头, 野柳 and a few night markets.. as well as 西门町 since we stayed there). I will consider writing another post when I sort out my stuff, and rested well after my mini operation.

Just want to say I’m grateful for everything that turns out because I was supposedly the tour guide so if I can be writing this post, it means somehow I did not lose my way back home. Actually it had been quite challenging I guess. And given the unpredictable weather, and the language barrier due to the lingo and culture, I think everything that had happened had been sufficiently wonderful and beautiful. Although I feel upset that my mother tongue is just not up to mark haha.

The trip has been good still no matter what. Did some shopping.. hmm I think Taiwan is a good place for ladies to go shopping. But if I’m going back again, I wish to go to the places which I did not go and absorb their culture and nature.

During the trip I finally read the book on Lasik given by a friend. Somehow the book is dry because it is after all a medical technical book, and I’m not sure but I’m feeling apprehensive of what I’m going to face later. It should be normal human reaction I suppose. Anyway on the way back I was reading Paulo Coelho’s The Valkyrie. Somehow I feel disturbed about it though as in, there is just something I don’t get it this time. Maybe the truth is scary at times, especially when the truth is stating that man always kill the thing they love most. Is that why people get bored of life? Is that why love gets lost? Is that why people end their life, their career, their dreams? I don’t know…

Let me sleep a few more days…

p/s: Hmm not sure if this post is in time for Monday reader.. if so, just wanna say hey I got you and your wife a tiny momento (got a spelling error trigger here only to realize momento is considered a variant spelling and the actual word is memento as it is related to “remember” and not “moment”) .. also got one for NUS senior which will have to trouble your wife to pass to him. Oh and that I’m troubling my French teacher aka your lunch buddy haha.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back after your trip =D

oh thanks for the gifts~! I thought you still meet up with him once a while so u can still probably pass it to him yourself.

Oh also, hahaha, I was on leave yesterday so only check your blog today. =P

I finally realised who you are talking about. The only person who can speak French will be the mauritius guy. Teach him some Mandarin also, till now, his command is still horrible despite our efforts to teach him during lunchtime.