Latest Art Work

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Never stop asking why...

Source: BW Online

Anyone bedeviled by a small child constantly asking "Why?" will forever be put to shame by Edwin Land, best known as the inventor of instant photography and founder of Polaroid Corp. On a sunny winter day in Santa Fe, N.M., in 1943, Land's three-year-old daughter Jennifer asked why she couldn't see the picture Land had just taken of her, right then and there. According to a speech Land gave many years later, "Stimulated by the dangerously invigorating plateau air, I thought, 'Why not, why not design a picture that can be developed right away?'"
- Mike Brewster, "Instant Photos, Lasting Fame"


Thanks to the little girl's Why.. came the invention of Polaroid... though I much prefer my digital camera..

And sigh, I kinda feel sad at how the inventor's demise came about.. why do great people end in such way? Although I feel they are humble people too who would like to leave the world quietly.. but .. sighz maybe I'm too emotional and self-perceived in my own world for my own good..

0 comments: