Latest Art Work

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Promotion

Source: Joyce Meyer Ministries

I chanced upon this video from a friend’s friend post. (Thanks for the innovation of peer to peer networking.) The speaker is very funny, she speaks with an impact. Sometimes she sounded fierce but every point she makes, hits hard, at least to me. Because she was discussing the exact topic I had been thinking for the past few months.

Some snippets extracted (not exactly word for word and might contain my own thoughts and interpretations):

True promotions comes from God and God alone.

So if the guy is not giving you the promotion you deserve, God will circumvent. He will remove the guy, replace the guy, or move you to another organisation.

And if you really do deserve the promotion, and you are not getting it, what's wrong then?

Truth is, are you really working?

Have you been doing personal matters? Anything that you have to hide and do, there is definitely something wrong with it.

Then there is the excuse - because they don't pay me well anyway.

But are you really working 8 hours for 8 hours pay? The times you spent surfing, taking your personal calls. If you really leave at 5pm on the dot, you are actually preparing 20 minutes before it already.

And if you do not leave on time, you will not be the first one out of the carpark. You will be stuck in the long Q in McDonalds. You will miss your show. But God will notice it, He will notice this extra mile.

In addition, if things are not working well in your life, the first thing you should look at is actually yourself. Don't go blaming everybody but yourself.

Check, have you been sowing discord at work? Gossiping? Talking about the boss, the colleagues. Always using 'they' should do this, and 'they should do that'. What about 'we'? What about ownership?
(Man, I really love this segment. Somehow she made me resolved to discuss what I wish to discuss after my exams ended. Because, I really don’t want to see the culture here continue degenerating. Sometimes it pained me to see how everybody just goes about doing their stuff. The day I chose to study, 2.5 years ago, it was also due to this fact. In a sense, I thought maybe by studying, I will not focus so much and will not blame too much. But as the years go by, it got worst, and I got unhappier. But I wonder, how much can I do, how much can I convince, and how much can he listen and absorb? Of course I also must consider what is at stake but since he no longer trusts me, I think that should not be much of a problem.
On a sidenote, maybe it is indeed a blessing that my friend is leaving. At least I will clamp my mouth from now onwards. Afterall I ought to have learnt my lesson well having been the subject before last year. And ya, gossips can be frightening.. No wonder my friend gave me this advice 8 years ago.. just that being woman, I still tend to slip into such situation at times. Will try my best to refrain.)

Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance
and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.
Proverbs 4:23


Most importantly, God never tells you to do something you can't do

Would you rather live your life and not need a miracle? Because most of us are just whitening our knuckles and hanging on, waiting for the miracle. Why not just live your life, enjoy your life instead of always waiting for someone, for God to bring you your joy.
(Yeah, being grateful helps a lot with the appreciation of life. I’m just grateful for having a chance to hear this video. Thanks.)

0 comments: