Latest Art Work

Friday, February 29, 2008

Who is Rich? Who is Poor?

One day, a wealthy family man took his son on a trip to the countryside so he could give his son a glimpse of how poor rural people were..... They stayed one day and one night in the farm house of a very humble farm.

At the end of the trip and back home, the father asked the son: What did you think of the trip?

The son replied: Very nice Dad

Father: Did you notice how poor they were?

Son: Yes

Father: What did you learn?

Son: I learned that we have one dog in the house...and they have four.
I learned that we have a fountain in the garden and they have a stream that has no end.
I learned that we have imported lamps in the garden; they have the stars. I learned that our garden goes to the edge of our property; they have the entire horizon as their back yard.

At the end of the son's reply the father was speechless. His son added: "Thank you dad for showing me how poor we really are."

Author’s comments:
I had gotten this from an e-mail quite sometime. Sometimes, there really is a different way of seeing things. Last night’s conversation made me realised that I have been focusing on the wrong thing. Truth is I know what I should focus, but I did not listen. Luckily GA was patient with me.

Actually I feel a bit guilty, because there is something I did not say. But it is hard to converse with someone whose mind is preoccupied. I believed as long as GA knows I appreciate it can already.

It is a different way to see a certain matter. And I cherish what had happened on Tuesday even if nothing fruitful turns out. At the very least, I did try to grasp the opportunity. Whatever happens later, will depend entirely on THE PLAN. Most importantly, at that point, I felt that GA had replied me, and promptly. For that, I’m very grateful.

The past few days had also been queer in a least expected way. My pet project was down on Wednesday’s noon due to technical issues. Because of it, I ended up mailing my suppliers, something I did not really want to do because it will create a commotion. But the site refused to up after a few hours had passed and I had no choice but to send out the 400 emails. Naturally I spammed my own mailbox because of the read receipts and the undelivered mails received. And today, I had to send another email to inform them the site is back in operation. Due to this event, my phone became the hotline, which isn’t really good news because I don’t have much voice to entertain haha. But I ended up making them aware of my pet project once again, especially to those inactive users. And they started asking me for userid and password. In some sense, I felt at least something positive and fruitful happened due to this downtime. Afterall I always wanted my suppliers to make use of my pet project if possible, to try to eliminate paper waste haha.

0 comments: