Latest Art Work

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Quotes - Religion

While spring cleaning, I saw my GP notes on religion and caught sight of this quote
“There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it.”
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

(Sidetrack abit, Doc I forgot what you asked me to buy for my skin irritation. Sighz yesterday went back to clear the notes & magazines and ended up with a very irritated neck and hands too… can’t even wear my necklace now.. Guess is my fault for accumulating that pile of dust…=( )

Then for some reasons, I was asking Doc if she has a religion because wanted to ask her pray and hope the best for someone as she is really a tough nut to crack. And she replied me “Religion is a way to express spirituality”.

So profound. Hmm anyway I hope to read finish my notes on religion soon (so that I can throw them away haha). I only managed to read finish Martin Luther’s “I have a dream”. Oh and that is really a good piece of article. Most importantly, it tells you that you should never falter in your pursuit of dream when facing with strong opposition.

Reminds me of another remarkable person, Nick Vujicic. He may not have arms or legs but he went around giving his speeches and doing what his heart desires. That is what I call courage. As quoted from him:
I believe that if you have the desire and passion to do something, and if it's God's will, you will achieve it in good time. As humans, we continually put limits on ourselves for no reason at all! What's worse is putting limits on God who can do all things. We put God in a "box". The awesome thing about the Power of God, is that if we want to do something for God, instead of focusing on our capability, concentrate on our availability for we know that it is God through us and we can't do anything without Him. Once we make ourselves available for God's work, guess whose capabilities we rely on? God's!
- Nick Vujicic, “No arms, NO legs, No worries”

Yeah, the problem with most people is we start to say “No” before even trying. Reminds me to try to watch a movie, I think is Enchanted. If I’m not wrong is Miss Shenton mention that in this movie, the fairy tale princess asked the real life prince why people in his world tends to say “Can’t” and “No” often. That is because she lives in a fairy tale where everybody can do and every ending is a happy ending. I think I will like this movie too.

Oh there was another movie that I just watched – “I am Legend”. Anna said that “The world is quieter now. We just have to listen. If we listen, we can hear God's plan.”

Beautiful, I really want to focus on my listening skill as I realised that I’m deaf. I am unable to focus on anything anymore. And the more I try to concentrate, the lesser I hear. Sighz.

By the way, I like how Neville was describing Bob Marley too.
He had this idea. It was kind of a virologist idea. He believed that you could cure racism and hate... literally cure it, by injecting music and love into people's lives. When he was scheduled to perform at a peace rally, a gunman came to his house and shot him down. Two days later he walked out on that stage and sang. When they asked him why - He said, "The people, who were trying to make this world worse... are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness."

Indeed, the people wrecking this world is not resting, we should be vigilant too.

By the way the first half of the movie was quite boring (luckily there was the dog) and the second half was hmm.. quite touching. When Neville said he was saving the bacon, and when he said he can save the mutants, you can see his desperation. Sighz…

0 comments: