Latest Art Work

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Girl In Bliss

Precisely because of this pensieve, I had to post “Girl seeks bliss” first. But yesterday, I really felt blissful even though the morning was unexpected. It started with the bus driver actually missed his stop and had to made a round again in the interchange for us to embark on the bus. Guess he must be very tired. Because he drove so slowly that I missed the shuttle to office and ended up walking to office. Not that I mind since I am unable to go gym this week, thus walking would be a good substitute.

Then at about 4 plus, my classmate said he’s in Woodland and asked if I want to hitch a ride to school since he has classes today too. (The rare thing is he is attending class on time haha, ok ok, shall not suan him further). And since we were early, we had dinner in Clementi where we had rice with Sesame Chicken. He said I got high on sesame oil though haha because I was quite “excited” for my first day to school. Not sure, I just felt it would be an interesting day.

And it was indeed an interesting lecture because
1) The lecturer just wanted to give a short briefing of this module because he felt usually half of the class will not come back to continue this module. It is a hard to score module plus the fact it is a PHD module actually.
2) Although he planned it short, he had to repeat at least 3-4 times because of the latecomers. The funny thing is some of the latecomers were not here for the module briefing. Apparently NUS had a mixed-up and had planned a MComp briefing in the same room, same time. The only thing is they postponed it to Wednesday but did not inform these students. Thus these people came in blur. The coincidence is this lecturer is supposed to be giving the briefing for that event too and that he was told it is on Wednesday. Thus he ended up saying a bit about MComp so that these students did not really make a wasted trip down. He did asked if they want to drop now considering how “cocked-up” NUS had been for the briefing.
3) My two other classmates who were supposed to take this module with me did not turn up. And when I sms them, both gave me the same reaction “There is class today?” Worst one of them had alighted from the MRT and was taking a cab to school but I told him lesson ended already.

Anyway it still ended very early and I decided to head home. On my way home, 2 of my other classmates had offered to give me a lift home on separate occasions. One of them had ended lessons just when I had alighted from my station and was waiting for my dad to fetch me home. He was shocked when I told him I already reached home haha. I was quite touched by their offers because it is really tiring to have evening classes especially when I start work very early. I know I’m very lucky indeed. Thanks!

But the nicest surprise is still the bouquet. Girls cannot resist flowers no matter what I guess. It is a thank you bouquet from a friend though I think I did not do much and don’t really deserve such pretty flowers. But hmm no way am I going to return the flowers though “p. The name is “Pretty in Pink”, and it really is pretty.. though it kinda shocked my whole family haha…

I’m truly in bliss.. Thank you to all!

0 comments: