Latest Art Work

Monday, December 10, 2007

Unconditional Love

Lately, I have been hearing Y.E.S 933. Thus it is by chance that I hear Da Tou Fen again. There was a time I used to listen to this series. The female protagonist thinks a lot, thinks too much, thinks too far. Just like me. Maybe that is why I avoid the series especially when the starting used to remind me of a joke someone once mentioned. Anyway they changed the starting already.

The first time I was listening to this series, she was still a student maybe in secondary or JC phase. It is the time where female gets involve in puppy love and such. Then the next time I listen to the series again, she was a university student already. I never knew how come she ended up having her first relationship with Ah Du and why did they break up. This time, when I listen about her, she is working already. Sigh, I feel time just fly past me real fast. It is like my life story has just zoomed past me too.

She was thinking about her first love still. In fact I feel she has never really let go of him. And because she is working, she has more free time to think as compared to her university life where she was busy with hostel activities. Haha working life can indeed be quite leisure. Maybe that’s why I ended up taking a part time masters and make myself a no-life person now.

Anyway there is one episode where she mentioned about a real life story where an elderly couple had gone on an overseas trip. The wife was suffering from some illness and was wheel-bound. However she wanted to explore Taiwan and the husband agreed because he did not know how much time she has left and he just wanted to fulfil her wish. The two of them went touring around Taiwan until his wife’s health deteriorates to an extent that they have to come back.

Not many people know how tough it is to tour with a wheel-bound partner. 2+ years ago, before I became a no-life person, I had gone on a Beijing trip with my family. We rarely join tour but because we are not sure about China food, thus we join a land tour for it. And in this group, there is a family of three where the mother is wheel-bound. Everyday you could see the husband carrying the wife up and down the bus, how they stroll and do their sight-seeing. My parents were impressed. So was I. And the remarkable thing is this was definitely not their first trip or their last trip. They have been touring around many other countries even though the wife is in such a state.

Unconditional love. That is what Da Tou Fen craves for. And I believed that is what everybody hopes for.

0 comments: