Latest Art Work

Monday, November 19, 2007

A New Debt...

Once again, I have just laden myself with a new instalment plan and end up in debt again. A year ago, due to some forms of stress and maybe festive season (aka a period one tends to spend more than necessarily), I ended up with a close to 4K instalment plan which I had to take 2 years to finish. After that, for the next 4-6 months, I practically cannot charge my credit card (haha you can guess how “high” my salary is now). In a sense, it is good because I actually curb my expenditure.

And after paying for 1 year already, when suddenly I got more leeway for my expenditure, I ended up getting involved with another instalment plan and maxed out my credit card again. Oh no, now I have 2 instalment plans to pay for. All because it is the festive period (and stressed period for me once again).

I guess it is GA’s reminder to me to not be too casual on my financial state. If not for yesterday, I have forgotten I actually still have another year to complete my previous instalment plan. And now that I have 2 plans, suddenly I felt resigned to my current state. But I firmly believed it is only temporarily. When I chose to embark on this path, and turn my back on certain things, money was one such factor I chose to ignore. So no way will I let these debts bound me.

(Side note: while multi-tasking aka reading mails, debugging, etc, I happen to read a post where someone commented that if one has sufficient cash, one would have more choices in life. And for women, she would be less dependent on the man. To me, that is a state I refuse to let myself be in. Money will never limit my life choices, nor made me dependent on a guy. What I want to achieve in life, I will do it even if I do not know my path. Result oriented? Haha! As for the 2nd matter, my friend says I keep getting attracted to people who don't like me, so I think it is best I be independent haha.)

But no way am I disregarding money because it is a necessity especially in a capitalist economy. Unless companies don’t mind doing barter trade with one another like what was mentioned in today’s MyPaper which I felt is a good idea. Imagine I need door gifts for events which you can provide, in return I loan you function rooms for events. But these are still “calculated” in monetary terms to know how much must be exchanged for.

Anyway I am not complaining about my debt. In a way, the thought that I cannot spend for the next 6 months is welcoming to me haha. I am just counting down to my payday so that I can do my fund allocation to settle all these debts.

0 comments: