Latest Art Work

Monday, August 27, 2007

R. Walt Vincent - Someplace Good

Hope you’re finally feeling better
Hope you’re in a prouder space
Hope it wasn’t hard to get there
You found peace and you feel safe
Good to know you finally made it
Out of thee your neighborhood

I know you love to travel
I know you love the stars
But did you just unravel
Half the way to Mars
I hope they’re coming to your rescue
Like they said they always would
When they left, I let them take you
I hope they take you someplace good
Someplace good

Did you see this morning’s paper?
Did you catch an early train?
Did you finally meet the maker?
Did you finally find loving?
Or did you simply end up
Exactly where you should
You hope this was your last stop
On the way to someplace good
Someplace good
Someplace good
Someplace good
Someplace good

Author’s comments:
The last 2 days I decided to watch “To Catch the Uncatchable”. Something about Vivi, Officer Mo and Zhan Zhan made me watch it to find some answers. When Vivi had flinched because Zhan Zhan brushed contact with her while picking her towel, she mentioned that it was a subconscious action. She said that if she doesn’t like a person, this is a natural reaction. Yet when she was talking to Officer Mo, they were standing side by side and she did not even feel disgusted or anything. Nonverbally, she had shown signs that she likes him.

I guess love is weird. If she feels at ease, whether the guy always make her pay for meals, make her drives him home, is a lazy (in some sort of way) and isn’t good looking (as compared to Zhan Zhan), she will still like him. That is because she feels at ease when she is with him.

When Vivi and Officer Mo was playing the hide and seek game, I wondered if all females like to play such game haha. The Fate game is a very challenging game. Any wrong move and you might miss the chance forever. But to ask a woman like Vivi to find him first and cut short the game is tough. Vivi is a career minded woman who is very strong and yet at times, she still has her own weakness. Thus she rather walks slowly than to find him first. Of course guessing is a big part for this game. So when she saw him looking for her, she was definitely elated. Maybe is because females want to feel such elation thus they like to play the Fate game haha. I have no idea…

But this show did not have a happy ending. That is why the ending song “haunted” me. Something in it makes me feel attuned.. and I was reminded of a phrase from My Girl

逃到很远的地方前
先逃到很高的地方

I remember how the female protagonist fell for the guy first and how much Fate games, guessing games they play with each other. That is why I said don’t bother second guessing. This show showed how terrible it is to keep guessing and keep getting wrong. Not that it is really wrong, but when the other party cannot make up his mind, how right can it be haha.

Actually I do wonder if males emit non verbal signs too. My friend said that some males play tactics in the love games.. makes me think of war tactics only haha. Sighz I pity the girl then. It isn’t nice to be close to her for a while, and then disappear. It isn’t nice to arrange meetings then back out last minute even if there is a valid reason tagged (haha context issue). And it is definitely not nice to keep blowing hot and cold at her.

Oh ya as I was thinking how to 逃到很高的地方, a friend mentioned to me about the vertical marathon. I think it could be the answer? Let me think about it before 21 Sept 2007.

0 comments: