Latest Art Work

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cycling

I had my third cycling lesson on Sunday. Still remember the first time I learnt cycling was 8 years ago when my mum bought the bicycle for my brother. After that lesson, he managed to balance but the same cannot be said for me haha. I then had my second lesson during my JC days I guess. My kind friend had patiently taught me how to balance. And I managed to cycle straight.

After so many years, my mum had once again volunteered to teach me cycling, thinking that I can balance. Unfortunately she was mistaken and I had given her a hard time teaching me. After one morning, I realized how tough cycling is. I ended up with a pair of tired legs, tired hands and aching back which lasted till today … and numerous collisions into grass patches (Please forgive me) as well as 2 embarrassing moments of colliding into a rubbish bin and brushing past an adult. You get what you expect; this adage really lies true for me. My dad said I kept worrying about going into the grass patch (on the left) thus every time I start the bike, I veer to the far right. Sigh I have to be more confident!

However I’m glad that I can start the bike myself finally. Through the process, I suddenly felt learning how to drive is so much easier than cycling. I had a hard time trying to cycle straight as I realised I can only balance well if I speed but I cannot control well if I speed. It was tough figuring if I want to speed or not. I finally understand why some cyclists will cycle zig-zag after really putting myself in their shoes. I guess from now onwards, I must be more forgiving to them. But I think I still cannot stand cyclists trying to overtake each other and affecting the vehicle drivers. To me that is still a reckless behaviour.

Anyway I am glad I chose to concentrate learning driving that time instead else I guess until today, I will never master either driving or cycling haha. But I have to agree when I did manage to cycle; the breeze that follows me is very refreshing. I do hope one day I will be able to cycle around and enjoy the scenery. After all, I learnt cycling for a single motive only.

I wonder when my fourth cycling lesson will be scheduled hmm...

0 comments: