Latest Art Work

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cosmopolitan City

Is it a blessing or a curse to live in a cosmopolitan city? I thought long and hard on Sunday about it. And I’m listening to Corrinne May’s “On the side of me” while typing this entry. So I have to admit this post might sounds depressing (not that her song is depressing.. just that it’s ME!… )

I finally got the answer from my friend. To him, I took this case too hard. He said that when there’s interaction, there are no clear lines. I know he doesn’t side the guy. Actually I had long felt that guy was not at fault. It is a dog-eat-dog world out there. I am just not street-smart. It just hurts because once again, I’m shortchanged; once again I’m treated unfairly. But is it really unfair?

When I had my facial last Sunday, I finally realized how these company works. They make you sign up for some diamond peel treatment together with facial. And you never knew that actually, a diamond peel treatment alone already has facial. You ended up paying for a “replacement” facial. If I had not been so sick of it that I refused to sign up another package with them, I would never know this tactic.

For so many years, I have been through quite a few financial disputes. I only thank my lucky stars that the impact has always been lessened. But so have my trust of the glitzy world out there. That is the only reason I know I will never do business. Because I cannot bring myself to shortchange customers, to make them pay for unnecessary stuff which looks good but tastes bad.

But it is not as if I do not know the good points of it. A cosmopolitan city is a fast paced city. I took less than an hour to get a replacement for my hard disk thanks to my friend’s assistance. The normal operation would have caused me a few days of correspondences like how it had happened when I sent it for evaluation for data recovery. Anyway I remember the day I got a new hard disk, I was pretty elated haha. Guess I miss my hard disk…

This city seems so cold, so unloved, so uncaring. I don’t know if I can survive it… You get what you expect, but if I expect nothing anymore?

0 comments: