Latest Art Work

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Human Mind

This little grey matter puzzles me lately.

First was the discovery that one can dream of one’s past. I know it is possible but I do not know of anybody who can recount such experience to me. Till recently. It was a fruitful talk, to the person and to me. I learned more about how one view past life, and how to understand it logically. Because sometimes, human can be irrational and the past events might harm more than help you. Also not everybody should look into their past, at least I know I do not need to.

After those conversations, it helped me pieced up my own jigsaw puzzles. And from then onwards, I firmly believe in what I believed in. And I had my answers. Not all questions had been answered and some answers I am still trying to decipher. But at least I had some response and I’m grateful for it.

Then I had a friend who had “Flash forwards”. Not that he is the first friend I knew that has such ability. I remember my secondary friend used to have visions of the future. But they were very short scenes and deals with just day-to-day events. So she wasn’t that worried. This guy though seems worried because the scenes had entangled certain negative vibes in it.

To me “flash forwards” reconfirm what I believe about Time Travel. To me, I believe there are many ways to view this world. And while we view it singular where we all revolve round the sun and our time frame is according the sun’s revolution, somehow there is another way to view this cosmic world. Taking the movie Il Mare’s theory, there might be another time frame where I exist and in that time frame, I have relieved certain things. And these things had either causes me happiness or unhappiness. So flash forward could be scenes where I had indeed relieved these events in that time frame and these scenes just came back in glimpses to either forewarn me to avert it, or to make me more prepared when it happened.

In P.M.H.Atwater’s article The Future Memory Phenomenon, a lady had tried to avert the negative event, only to realise she had only just postponed it. Because the accident still occurred on a later time. In another encounter, another lady had a premonition she might have an event and relieved that dinner event. Thus she cleared her appointment so that she will be able to attend it when she got invited, which she did get invited later on. I guess the effect of the flash forward is dependent on its objective for arriving.

Initially I had not wanted to blog this article up because my original idea in the morning was to analyse future memory. But the Glasgow incident triggered something. And I started pondering over this little grey matter. I started wondering about my own mind. And I started analysing my actions. It may have been chance encounter, but seriously, I’m very glad that this incident had only been a scare. And that nobody had been seriously injured albeit many had been inconvenienced. And I guess every airports in the world are going to tighten their security checks again as usual including Changi Airport. I guess there are 2 ways to see this incident.

Somehow deep down, I really am grateful it had only been a scare.

0 comments: