Latest Art Work

Monday, May 14, 2007

Question of the Day

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood.
Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I
stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it,
and I would turn red in the face."
"Yes," the class said.
"Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the
ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?"
A little fellow shouted,
"Cause your feet ain't empty."

Bflygal's comment :
I'm curious.. what should be the right answer, DOC?

2 comments:

Wisely said...

Haha I guess it has to do with the anatomy of the circulatory system. Firstly, the distance travelled by the blood from the heart to the head is much shorter than the distance travelled from the heart to the leg. Secondly, there are more branching (more barriers too) and blood vessels get smaller in the lower limbs. So in general, blood experience more resistance and hence cannot run that fast down this rougher path. =]

Butterflygalz said...

thanks doc! u have enlightened me.