Latest Art Work

Monday, April 23, 2007

Top 10 Vista Hacks

Site : http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9015738&intsrc=hm_list

Thank God for this article from my senior.. because the User Account Control is driving me crazy... Everytime I ask to delete a file, I need to confirm 2 times.. and the second time is more irritating because it inactive all other screens.

I never knew that Vista has a hidden administrator account. Gonna elevate my status tonight!

Turning on the Administrator account is straightforward. First, open an elevated command prompt by typing cmd into the Search box on the Start menu, right-clicking the command prompt icon that appears at the top of the Start menu, then selecting Run as administrator -- or just use the shortcut you created in the previous hack.

Then enter this command and press Enter:

Net user administrator /active:yes

From now on, the Administrator account will appear as an option on the Welcome screen, along with any user accounts you may have set up. Use it like any other account. Be aware that it won't have a password yet, so it's a good idea to set a password for it.

If you want to disable the account and hide it, enter this command at an elevated command prompt and press Enter:

Net user administrator /active:no


As for the rest of the hacks, I guess they are not crucial to me now...

0 comments: