Latest Art Work

Monday, April 02, 2007

Giant & Ikea

I finally visited the 2 places I wanted to visit. Although I wonder why am I so crazy to go to such crowded area and see Singaporeans in their worst behaviour?



Giant was actually the typical Giant that I seen in IMM, in Vivo. It is only one level and sells a huge variety of stuff from clothes, to DVDs to food stuff. I must admit that some of their DVDs are really cheap, starting from 5 bucks onwards. In addition, some of their stuff is cheap. Thus you can see people taking a few of it.

What is comical though is the number of people standing at the longan corner, plucking the longan from its stalks. By removing the stalks, they are lightening the weight of the longan. I guess this is a way to get the most out of what you pay. But such sight is really amusing.

The not so amusing sights will be people ramming their trolley over your feet and pushing around, and blocking pathways. It is really depressing to see such scenes.

Oh in Giant I found a very big pumpkin. Wah Cinderella might have been delighted at this pumpkin.


I also found that pumpkin can be another shape.. like this. So weird right. I guess it would be a very weird carriage if Cinderella had used it.




Then we went Ikea to eat their famous chicken wings and meatballs. Not bad I would say. Just that it is sad to see people not clearing up their dishes when they are done. Maybe they did not know that one has to clear up. Guess we are too used to leaving our plates for others to clean up.





Found some cute looking lamps haha. I think it is the only thing that caught my fancy.



Anyway I find Ikea’s layout is a maze. It is like capturing you in and refusing to let you out anymore. We had difficulty walking around and finding the exit.

Overall am just glad to have visited these 2 mega places. Not sure if I will go a second time though...

0 comments: