Latest Art Work

Friday, April 27, 2007

刘若英 - 我想跟你走



I read this because of Happy Birthday 2007 and I must say is quite a nice book to read. It is simple enough for me to read. And her short stories are very heart warming.

永远不搬家
Is about her moving from some big house which is stuffed with lots of remembrances and histories of her grandparents and maybe older. When she pack every single stuff, and clear every single stuff, every single memories will be flashed back into her memory. I had this experience once, about 5 years ago. That time every single thing that I put into the box to be moved to my new house, I remember something about it. Afterall I had stayed in my previous house for 10 over years. It is where I had my kindergarden classes, where my primary school is within walking distance, where my neighbour and I used to take bus to secondary school together, where my friends and I used to come home from JC together. It holds all my growing up memories, even till today, I still miss the house. I remember the author says at the day where she needed to moved house, her sister was unable to persuade her deceased grandfather to follow them. And she prayed sincerely and tell her grandfather that they have to move no matter what. It was quite heart wrenching.

Happy Birthday
Is the storyline of the movie. Quite simple and nice. Maybe it is a simple plot that is why I could remember some of the scenarios still. Imagine my classmate asking me over the MSN why xiao mi xxx, why xiao nan yyy.... and I can still vaguely remember the reason although I watched once onli. Because the story plot is really simple haha =D

The rest of the stories are just as interesting too. After reading her books, I had some clearer thoughts on certain things in life. Life sometimes can be so quirky.

Anyway I was told that she has written another 2 books before, 《一个人的KTV》和《下楼谈恋爱》. Will check it out another time.

0 comments: