Latest Art Work

Friday, March 23, 2007

Nada Sou Sou

Site : http://www.festivefilms.com/sousou/

Still remember the "Pure Love Trilogy" I mentioned before. I just realised that Nada Sou Sou is inter-connected with the first 2 movies.

Remember the first chapter was Isao Yukisada's "Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu" (2004). The English name is "Crying Out Love, In the Center of the World". In this movie, Masami Nagasawa is the female lead, the lady that dares to love, the lady that dies of leukaemia, the lady that forever lives in the guy's heart. Coincidentally Masami Nagasawa is the lead lady in "Nada Sou Sou" too.

Then the second chapter was Nobuhiro Doi's "Ima, ai ni yukimasu" (2004). The English name is "Be With You". The movie I had wanted to watch before when I first saw it on i-weekly. And the movie that I happened to caught it by a chance encounter years later. Nobuhiro Doi happens to be the director for "Nada Sou Sou" too. Gosh I suddenly have a feeling this should be a very beautiful movie.

Lastly, the male lead is Satoshi Tsumabuki, the guy who acted in "Waterboys" as the leader of the group. Another movie that I quite like because of the Sea World. I remember them learning their moves from the dolphins, so comical, so interesting, so practical. I like that show enough to actually watched it twice. Not sure if I have a copy to watch it a third time though haha.

Shall see if I'm fated to watch it on the big screen. But if not, I know the vcd is out already hee hee.

Oh ya, there is another movie that I'm curious to watch now. While searching about "Crying Out Love, In the Center of the World", I read about the Korean movie "My Girl and I". That time I did not pay much attention to this movie although I saw it while surfing about "My Girl" (the TV Series). Today I happen to saw it on wiki and decided to read it. And while reading the story, I actually felt saddness and a sense of longing. Either the writer who wrote this article is too good, or I'm too easily touched. And I suddenly feel like watching this movie too.

0 comments: