Latest Art Work

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

GoldHeart - Celestial The Star Diamond

A year ago, GoldHeart's TV ad on Celestial caught my attention. The starry night, the male driving, the lady crying, the diamond shining. But the part that I fell in love is the song.

I search high and low but none of the forums are able to get an answer. Everybody was puzzled too. And everybody was smitten by the song too.

A year later, I saw GoldHeart's Celestial TV ad again. And coincidentally the lyrics matched a song that a friend had typed recently...

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars


I thought maybe I had found the song that had haunted me last year. If one search the forums now, one would realise too that suddenly everybody knows the song. But somehow I felt weird. But I'm never a confident person so I thought maybe it is just me.

Coincidentally I was telling that friend about the song "Fly Me to the Moon". In some sense he had "helped" me solve the mystery. But he felt it weird too. Haha and being the expert, he found that the song had actually changed. Gosh! Remarkably he found the original TV ad.

I could only decipher the starting

I FEEL THE STARS ARE DRIFTING.


That feeling came back to me again. Argh I so want that song. The next day I went to ask another friend and see if he can help out. Unfortunately he can't. But he agrees that the original song suits Celestial better. For someone who doesn't watch much TV, he had actually caught that ad and had also thought the song should be "Fly Me to the Moon".

Sighz. Some people had emailed GoldHeart about the original song last year and found that it is a non-commercial song. It was composed specially for the ad. I supposed for that year, GoldHeart had received quite alot of queries on this song. And I'm beginning to wonder did GoldHeart purposely change the song to a commercial song so that everybody can identify with it already. Maybe I should write to GoldHeart and ask them to put back the original song. It is so much more fitting. And it gives me the feeling that "Fly Me to the Moon" does not give.

Now i regret deleting my recorded version of the original song. That time, I was so in love with it I tried to record with my N70. I still remember I had just bought my N70 that period too. But the effect is not that good because of the surrounding.

Sigh Sigh! Guess I shall have to contend myself with this youtube version. But this version is so short. I want the long one. Arghh....

Here's the lyrics for "Fly Me to the Moon"

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words darling kiss me

Fill my life with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I hope for
All I worship and adore
In other words please be true
In other words I love you

repeat 2nd verse, then repeat 1st verse

0 comments: