Latest Art Work

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Tree

In response to my post on Carousel Horse, my friend had written the following stanza because he felt that a tree would be more apt than a carousel horse. He actually wrote it last year but I got busy and lost the stanza. Today, I ask him about it again and he re-wrote it. So happy!

Anyway while re-visiting my Carousel Horse post, it brought back some memories for me. Sadness at the events, shock at what people had thought about the post, and thankfulness for knowing what this post had meant to some people.

A tree loves its family and neighbours
A tree loves the person watering it and grooming it
A tree loves the regular people taking shade under it and walking past
A tree loves its surroundings and the things it sees
A tree loves its circle of comfort

Someone wants the tree to move to another plantation
Someone is willing to groom the tree to grow stronger and healthier
Someone is willing to introduce the tree to better prospects
Someone is willing to let the tree see further
Someone is tempting the tree to leave its circle of comfort

1 comments:

Wisely said...

一年之計,莫如樹穀;
十年之計,莫如樹木;
終身之計,莫如樹人。

<^v^>