Latest Art Work

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

On the first day of 2007

On the 1st Jan 2007, I had actually went back to school for project meeting. Sounds pretty pathetic right considering most people are still sleeping in due to the party last night. But then it actually turned out to be quite an interesting day.

Usually when you embark on a New Year, everybody will start asking what your New Year resolution is. So my classmate asked me that question too. And for fun peace and laughter I told him my New Year resolution is to be young haha. Another classmate immediately said this is a losing proposition. Oh manz! Thanks for the encouragement haha.

Actually on my way to school, I heard the DJ asking too and was thinking of my resolution for this year, I don’t really ask for much. I just don’t want to be afraid. Don’t be afraid to change. Don’t be afraid to dream. Don’t be afraid to do what I want to do. And no matter what, don’t be afraid of what lies ahead of me, of the criticisms and scolding that I will face for some decisions that I will make. The only thing is I am not sure if 2007 is the time to execute these changes. I admit I am a procrastinator. “Better the devil you know (than the devil you don’t)”. I am always afraid of the unknown. And I really don’t know if what I plan to do will be right. So I will just go where my mood leads.

Anyway back to school, what they crapped about, talked about actually make my day bright, make the New Year hopeful. I remember at one point, one of them was talking about Marriage. He realised that there is never a perfect somebody out there for you. You just have to work things out. It is something I realised a few years ago too. That “The One” that the movies always talk about is actually inexistent. You are the one that make this person “The One” due to your mentality.

Then another time another classmate was talking about Detachment. This is something I am interested in. I have always wanted a kind of feeling that you can step out of your body and see things around you. To understand worldly things better. To see the causes and effects. Maybe it is because I am an easily affected person, so I wish to be more calm and collected. To have less desires and wants. To make less demands.

The married guy also gave an advice that I find very sound. "Never find yourself in a compromising position." Is something that I always believe in, why seek trouble? Although he mention it in the context of relationship where unfaithful occurs when you put yourself at risk, I believe this advice can be used for any context. When you are driving, do not put yourself in a spot that will cause you or someone else harm. When you are at work, do not let down your guard and cause mistakes to happen. Of course I am not asking myself to be on guard 24 hours, I just feel that at times, one should be careful of his/her actions.

Come to think of it, I can’t really remember what we have all talked about. Maybe we crapped more than we talk haha. But it brings back the days when I was an undergraduate with my friends and we prattled around in school while doing our projects. Oh and we realised we are now going to be seniors!! Gosh 1 year has passed in a twinkle. Many times I felt the going gets tough, that part time studies really sap up all your energy and I really want to give it up. Then I think about the happy times I shared with my classmate, the chances where I get to hear interesting opinions, the concern these classmates give me. And I don’t regret my decision to take this part time course.

0 comments: