Latest Art Work

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Foreign Words

Was looking through Norlene Doris (a multiply user) blog where she defined some words and the genre of manga. Seems to be an avid anime viewer. Hmm reminds me, I wonder should I watch bleach or naruto or neither? Hmm should be neither bah.. sighz, 1 yr has passed and I still cant start on naruto.. never mind, get the manga from my friend first hee hee.

Comics has a few variations namely
1. Manhua (Chinese)
Traditional Chinese: 漫畫
Simplified Chinese: 漫画
pinyin: Mànhuà

2. truyện tranh (Vietnamese)

3. Manhwa (Korean)
Hangul: 만화
Hanja: 漫畵

4. Manga (Japanese)
漫画

Some other Japanese words that I like to remember :
- Shōjo or shoujo : 少女, Shōjo, Young girl
- Bishōjo : 美少女, Bishōjo? ; びしょうじょ; Beautiful young girl
- Shōnen : 少年, Shōnen, Young boy
- Bishōnen : 美少年, Bishōnen, Beautiful boy
- Seinen : 青年, Seinen, Teenager
- Seinen : 成年, Seinen, Adult

0 comments: