Latest Art Work

Sunday, January 28, 2007

File Extension : OGG

First time I caught this extension, I thought the person was joking by sharing OGG files. And I decided to go with the common mp3 extension instead.

The second time I saw this file extension, I got curious. Because it was in wiki as a sound file to help pronounce a word that I was interested in. (Btw the word is Bruschetta.) I value wiki a lot because it is a terrific and extensive encyclopaedia. So I went to search for the extension details of OGG and wonder why did wiki used OGG instead of the normal wav file to aid pronunciation.

OGG file extension is used pretty extensively. Thankfully, all I need is to install the DirectShow filter and I can play OGG files in the windows media player too. Simple =D

Oh while searching for the details of OGG file extension, I came across this What File Extension Are You? Quiz and tried it for fun, peace and laughter.


You are .cgi Your life seems a bit too scripted, and sometimes you are exploited.  Still a workhorse though.
Which File Extension are You?

0 comments: