Latest Art Work

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Desu nôto 2

Desu nôto 2 or Death Note 2

A movie that I had wanted to watch to complete the series since I watched Death Note already.

A movie that I cannot decide if I should watch because my brother told me it deviated from the manga. And that after reading the manga, the movie ending is not that fantastic. And that friend say that even the anime is better than the movie.

But I did not read the manga nor watch the anime. So I should be entitled the chance to watch it right? I guess I really do want to watch it. So when I finally did watch it, I actually felt it is the best thing to end 2006.

But the chance encounter to let me watch this movie seems sad. Because a car had blocked the path to the intended carpark, thus we parked at Orchard Cineleisure. And I decided to ask to watch the movie. My first time watching in Orchard Cineleisure if I am not wrong as I rarely stepped into cinemas.

The tickets were selling fast since we were buying the show that will start in 45 minutes time. And the cinema does seem packed that we had to sit in the front few rows. But this movie really make me think.

Everything that Light does, I had to ponder twice, thrice. He seems so deep, so careful, and so scary. Towards the end, I really thought that Light won. Because he actually did something so devious that L will never do. In the movie I really saw L as the good angel and Light as the evil devil. Where L sacrifice his life, Light sacrifice everybody but his own life.

But it seems that Misa and Takada seems abit brainless in this movie. Especially Misa who had been portrayed to be forgetful, careless and childish in the way she did her killing just to lure Light out. Takada originally had the talented woman feel (except at the part where she thought Kira chose her and she was so happy over it). However when she realised that her house had been bugged, she started to show signs of panic. And the talented demeanor of hers disappeared. I'm not sure if the original manga has that intention or not. Because the movie does seems pretty packed and has elements of rushed since alot of things are implicitly told to the audience.

Lastly, one learns never to trust a death god. Ryuk, the original Shinigami, did something Light will never expect at the end. But maybe is because Light still think he has the upper hand. This is a case where one uses the brains for evil intentions.

0 comments: