Latest Art Work

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Microsoft BusinessValue Summit '06



On 7th Dec, I attended a Microsoft Event. It is the first time I attended such an event. And I'm surprised by what I brought home in the end haha. There were quite a number of vendors and every stalls was giving something interesting be it their trial products, name card holder, organiser, notebook, magazines, pens etc. I did not expect the freebies at all. Luckily my colleague was a gentleman who helps me carry the heavy load for the whole day. Haha, never knew that gentleman side of him exists till that day either. Guess I was really grateful for the help because when I had to carry the load home, my shoulders actually ached for 1 day. Gosh I guess it could have been worst! And I had already limit myself from taking most of the goodies... it must have been my lecture notes that added to the heavy load.

This event showcased Microsoft Office 2007, Vista, Sharepoint and VS. I think ASP.NET 3.0 is coming out soon as I caught a glimpse of it. Well as I attended the application track, I guess it will be a teeny bit more boring since most talks involved (efficient) coding and pretty yet simple design/animation. Should have went to eavesdropped the security talk but I was lazy to keep changing rooms. I did conclude that if I am going to buy a new laptop or computer, it had better be packed with lots of RAM. That is because all these applications look memory intensive to me.

Overall I enjoyed myself because it means I can skip work for one day. =D I remember the first event I attended was a SAP Supply Chain Management. My deputy manager had asked me to follow my 2 senior colleagues to that event to see what SAP wanted to showcase. That was the first time I learnt that one can attend event (and skip work). I still remember that event because it had provided buffet-style lunch and the variety it offered was tremendously good considering the event is free. After that, I attended other events/courses, some I had taken an initiative to attend. But I think this is one event that I went home full of stuff. Hee hee!

Oh and I am still lamenting over the fact that I did not register for the previous Microsoft event that gave a trial Vista. Actually I’m not sure why I want a Vista computer that badly. Maybe is an excuse to delay me from buying a new laptop even though my current lappie has declared being permanently blind and needs to be tied with a monitor to aid its sight. I love my lappie too much to discard it unless I have STRONG reasons.

0 comments: