Latest Art Work

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Courts In The East

I swear my mum asked me early in the morning if I wanted to follow them to IKEA which is why I said yes to this mayhem day.

And it is indeed madness. When the car passed by the Q, I resolved to let my parents queue first and call me when they got in the building. Unfortunately it drizzled, then stopped then rained. I got worried for my parents and decided to take the brolly out from the car and headed to them while calling my dad who did not pick up the calls. Anyway my mum checked her fone and phoned me back thus they did not get drenched.

The queueing time was long. Real long. Courts was supposed to be open by 10am. I found my parents at 10am and we were still very far away from the doors. When the rain got heavier, people started to get fed up and one starts to observe the ugly sight of people - Queue Jumping. But I expected that because I find it dumb that we had to keep waiting outside, while the rain got heavier and the doors are supposedly open. I am not sure what kept the people from going into the building REAL SLOW except maybe they had to fill up some registration form. Anyway if it is not for the rain, I should be hiding in the car still reading my notes. Hmm but maybe if not for the rain, I might never be able to get into courts.

Oh what amuses me was this security guard. Halfway through the random queuing where one can see everybody from different directions trying to merge into this main line, the security guard realises that the barriers were shifted by the people. And he kinda flared up. He started to block one path from merging in while allowing another shorter (and maybe more genuine??) path to join the main queue first before closing that path. Oh and the funny thing is when he tried to close up the barriers, he had actually created a "hole" to those who were out of the queue and someone had wanted to go in from that hole. Of course before that person even moved 2 steps, he immediately realised his "mistake" and close up the barriers in another way. You should see how stern he is, maybe we had really irritated him haha. But I have to admit he gave some sound advices. E.g. telling us that if we are in the shelter, there isn't a need for our brolly to be open. Or that when we are about to join the main queue then we should open the brolly and not open it before. Maybe the brollies irritated him too haha.

Anyway after 45 minutes or more, I am finally in Courts. Well it is 3 storeys, and looks huge, and is very Courts. Oh and there are lots of mega sales going around. After 45 minutes of queueing, that is all I have to say about Courts. Sad right? Maybe when I finally visited IKEA, I will praise Courts more??? Afterall my dad said IKEA was even more messy than Courts. Oh ya, Courts have food/cafe in every level, but I didn't try the food.




0 comments: