Latest Art Work

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Love & Life

After reading today's 我报, I'm amazed by the love and dedication of the special courier guy who delivers bone marrow. Mr. Roger, I really salute you. Through this article and the website (http://www.bmdp.org), I get to know more about bone marrow. The only problem is I am unable to go and register with them yet because my schedule doesn’t match their opening times. Sighz, I really hope I will remember to register with them after my school term ends. Hopefully there will be a Saturday free…

There are another 2 more articles that left a deep impression on me.

One was regarding the sex education for the young in Holland begins as early as 6 years old. I have always been impressed by Holland’s open attitude. Although there will be people misusing this behaviour, but one cannot deny the merits of this attitude. Imagine their rate of pre-marital sex is one of the lowest. If Singapore is half as open as Holland, the government might have lesser white hairs. Oh by the way, I do remember that a lady in Singapore is trying to educate the young on sex education too. I cannot remember her name off-handedly, but I salute to her efforts too.

The other article is卓炜峰’s article on 为什么我要谈恋爱?His viewpoint is interesting because he believes there is no need for dating. Or rather he feels that he should only start dating after marriage. Then nobody will complain that marriage is the graveyard of love. Besides he feels that one should not only preserve the physical aspects (i.e. virginity) but also the emotional aspects (i.e. feelings) to the person he intends to spend the entire lifetime with. Is a very idealist view but if one can try out this idea, why not? After all, the main benefit is you will only spend on the one worth spending on.

With regards to that special viewpoint, my friend has an interesting viewpoint on marriage too. Usually we will go R.O.M first then hold traditional marriage. But he chose to hold the traditional marriage, after which they went R.O.M to REGISTER his marriage. After he told me his logic, I find it is indeed logical too.

Oh and thanks to 卓炜峰, I get to learn a new word 莞尔 which means smile. When I saw this word, somehow i feel like smiling and hopes to remember this word for life. That is the miracle of Chinese words, the reason why I love and hate them.

[Afternote]
Checked with BMDP, they have a few upcoming roadshows planned :

October 22, 2006
Gek Poh Ville CC
Jurong West Street 72
1100am - 500pm

October 26, 2006
Nanyang Polytechnic

November 12, 2006
Expo Hall 9 1000am - 500pm

November 18, 2006
Aramsa - The Garden Spa 1382
Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 1000am - 400pm

1 comments:

Wisely said...

Hmm besides the bone marrow, it would be great to consider being a regular blood donor if you are physically fit and suitable cos the blood bank is always short of valuable blood cells and this can really save lives! =)

Haha sex education or sexology is another interesting topic and it is one of my research field too but i guess I wont say too much here. Heehee maybe i will write a QnA or FAQ post about it soon. =p

Yes go and improve your chinese to enjoy more stuff =)