Latest Art Work

Thursday, August 24, 2006

What Men Want? What Women Want?

Alot of men like to ask what women want. They feel women are mysterious creatures. Sometimes they feel tired pre-empting the women. Sometimes they cried out aloud, wishing for their "sisters" to decipher the cryptic messages for them.
On the other side, women tends to ponder what signs the men are emitting too. They want marriage or fling? They want love or lust?

The reason I "chance" upon this article is because of the word "SECURITY".
As I am unable to comment a certain blog entry, I end up posting in my blog. And since I want to post in my blog, I definitely will do some studies to post something thought-provoking. Joking!

"You can't give girls security!"
I say this line to 3 guys in a span of 10 years.

Do they have any similarity?
All 3 are above average looking. But good looking guys are aplenty.
All 3 can be good conversationalist.
2 of them have lots of ideas to humour girls. The other one I believed have also, but I never got the chance to see it being displayed.

I can't remember what was the reaction for the first 2 guys when I said that... but the last guy was surprised. He say I don't know him so well yet I can say something like that. His friends feel I might be mistaken too.
Because of his friends' comments, I have been thinking if I was quick in concluding he cannot give girls security. As in, I was wondering is it MY PROBLEM actually - i.e. Guys can't give me security.

Which leads me to my 2nd keyword in this entry. "PAST".
Should I forget my past? Because past is what affects my decision in the future. Because sometimes past is not the past it really was. It is the past you hoped it was. I revisted "Love Letter" to revist this theory "Curiosity Kills The Cat". Am I reminiscing? Actually not entirely. Is because old friend revisted me and ask me lots of past questions haha. But with or without old friend, I still think about my past wistfully. Because I was once young and innocent. And "Love Letter" enforced to me that really, sometimes the past you remembered is not the actual past.

I can't give up my past because it is what makes me what I am now. But I block images, set barriers at places I don't want to explore again.

Btw, the article is not foolproof. I don't really agree it but I like its conclusion on the "What Women Want" portion. What women wants is actually not a mystery. And no, I don't need special surprises. I just need to see you make an effort in our relationship whether it is friendship or love.


End of day, I find security in the past I conjured...


<-- When Itsuki saw this drawing, what was her expression?

3 comments:

Wisely said...

Hmm, actually, men and women are 2 very different kind of creatures. Men are like bulls, stubborn and impulsive while women are like butterflies, beautiful yet vulnerable. This is why they need to be patient and understanding towards each other. =)

Butterflygalz said...

Biological they are different. But women can be stubborn and impulsive. And man can be sensitive and vulnerable.

And all need to be patient, understanding, give&take towards same gender or opposite gender.

And yes, I think I rebutted everything u say haha. Because the word 'vulnerable' is too sexist to me.

What to do, my thoughts are always scattered everywhere, hard to catch, hard to organise. End up I start talking rubbish. If it is too tough on you this elder, bear with me "p Like what Sam Soon says, my lips have baton.

Wisely said...

Haha talk about "biological" somemore, luckily you never elaborate on it, if not I will get very noisy again ovO Hmm this word sort of reminds me of my cadaver friends back in Canada...

Anyways, you always like to argue with me one, haha probably becos we take opposite stands and besides, not only biologically, even psychological they are very different. =)

Yes I totally agree, it is not easy to guess what you might be thinking. For example, I have never seen a person conducting with a baton in his mouth......