Latest Art Work

Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Lovely Sam-soon

This show is currently being broadcast on TV. But I don't watch it because usually I am either playing game or sleeping or chatting though that is rare.

But friday after the 9pm show that I would watch sometimes, I decided to continue "disturb" my parents ... and thus watched an episode of this.

That time the episode was on Sam Soon baking an engagement cake for her ex-boyfriend. Gosh, I guess how painful that can really be.

However it didn't make me addicted to the show yet. I just wanted to read the story. So I read the beginning from my i-weekly. Then I decided to see if can find the ending for it from google.

Then I saw one scene. A scene that reminded me abit of QWBWZ. When Sam Shik told Sam Soon that she keep appearing in his thoughts. When he said that she keep bothering him. When he ask her to leave him alone. When he realised he love Sam Soon. When he finally became truthful to his feelings.

I guess that is one of the most used plot for love story. But just reading the scene... conjure all my curiosity for this show.

And thus begins my youtube addiction of My Lovely Sam-Soon. Haha and you know this is a korean drama... so guess what, the first 2 episode I actually was watching without subtitles. And I had to download the subtitles.

Luckily I found another user that uploaded the drama with english sub. Gosh how thankful I was to this user. Coz reading the subtitle as you watched the show is really tough.

Miji King.... they say it is a movie where the male character think he is a prince. Haha maybe is the "prince" word that makes me smitten. Maybe because the show is not entirely sad, there are happy scenes. There are silly scenes. There are violent scenes.

And that keeps me watching. It was like how I watched QWBWZ. When the mother starts to "ACT"... I laugh. When the female lead does something stupid... I laugh.

Like TY, I like SS because she is direct. Love truthfully, whether it hurts or not. Someone say it is less likely for one to experience love in its full effect if she is too logical. Maybe. No one love is ever the same or ever correct or ever wrong. Different people just chases different type of love, different way of love. Actually come to think of it, even if you and I have the same symptoms of love, it doesn't mean we will have the same ending, the same feelings, the same effect. (A recent conversation reeled me into this thought. Grateful as it makes me see things in another light.)

Likewise I am puzzled and tickled by both Sam Shik & Jun Hao. For being indecisive. For being stubborn. For realising the beauty of these 2 simple girls.

Maybe it really is the simple honest cinderella meeting her complicated prince charming effect.

3 comments:

Wisely said...

Hmm just a little comment about one of your statements. Love as a feeling itself has no right or wrong, but the conscious actions taken by a person as a consequence of love may be incorrect. In other words, love should not be used as an excuse for a person's wrong doings.

Haha since when I become so particular about small details? I also dont know...... =)

Jen said...

Why have I now discovered this drama? I've already watched City Hall and I do, I do with this actress and Secret Garden with the 2 male leads. I am enjoying this one. It makes me laugh out loud. I feel that no one will see my comment as they have moved on from this drama.

Butterflygalz said...

oh.. secret garden is good too haha. I didn't watch the other 2 though..