Latest Art Work

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Adobe Reader Activator

Yesterday, out of curiosity (as usual "p) I went to NLB - ebook to try to borrow a digital book. Well took "some time" to remember my login. Took "some more time" to check it out. Had to read the FAQ again and again because hey, I didn't want to pay for borrowing books. And these days, it is really hard to say that everything in the lib is free. Times have changed!

Anyway I make 100% sure that I will not pay for trying to borrow a digital book. Oh and the cool thing is if the item expired, I do not need to pay fines. Good news, as I have a hard time remembering my date dued books. Encounter too many last min returning of books.

Then is time to download my digital book. Chose the pdf version and guess what, need to activate my Adobe. Tried many times and it didn't work. Thought maybe need to upgrade to adobe 7. Upgraded. Still did not manage to get to the site to activate. In the end I called it a day.

Today, I tried again. This time I managed to access the activate adobe website. Went through 2 logins. Finally when it comes to activate the adobe, again it failed. Wasted more time trying to google for something to solve my problem. Tried to clear my ebook folder. Tried to reinstall adobe (oh but halfway I din proceed as it stated that the v7.0 has problem but mine is v7.0.5)

Then I gave up, watch abit of tv. Came back and voila, this time it activates.. phew!

Now I am downloading my digital book. Haha guess what is the title. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll..

Shall see what happens to the book when it expired =D

Off to dinner...

0 comments: