Latest Art Work

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Overwritten Files and Lousy Mood

Judging the time I am still writing this post... it only means that I am still grieving for the overwritten files...

Sighz why didn't I take some forensics crash course. I have tried so many programs to recover the files but to no avail. Makes me wonder how did my computer save new data...

Blame my camera for resetting its counter. Many a times I had almost overwritten my photos. But each time, I manage to prevent the "tragedy" from happening. Yet why did such event happen yesterday. And the consequences were quite...

If it had been personal photos, I wouldn't feel so sad. But they were photos of my cousin's wedding day event. And the day activities were in one click overwritten by the night activities at my own carelessness. How to account to the hundreds of people who were being taken by this camera. Ok I am exagerrating. But I still feel sadz.

Does anybody out there have a way to recover overwritten files? Files that were overwritten due to the same file name? I was told NTFS never re-use data area unless lack of space. I have lots of space in my computer. Yet it seems to have overwrite the exact same area that I am trying to recover.

1 day has passed. Doubt there will be any miracle... sighz

1 comments:

Edwin said...

try backing up to a previous windows restore point