Latest Art Work

Friday, October 01, 2004

Interview - The best way to know you?

If the scholar exam in the olden china is the best way to ascertain you can serve as an official in the court or not, then interview is supposedly the best way to see if you are suited for this job or not in this century.

For me I only like going for interview with some financial company or insurance company. At the very least, I know I will not have to answer any super difficult questions posed by interviewers.

In other type of interviews, I get bombarded with questions non-related to the job I am applying. They give me an impression that if you are a KNOW-ALL then you are qualified to work here!

At one instance, even my location matters to an interviewer. All because he is worried I will report in late for work. Seriously, is lateness such a problem in this century that punctuality is the number one thing to focus?

Sometimes I feel to do well in an interview, you must know how to sell yourself. But if you are a good seller, then shouldn’t you be in sales instead of in whatever jobs you are applying? Ok that is a biased statement. What I do want to convey is the fact that if I am the kind who wishes to hide behind the computer, there is absolutely no way I can face a human needless to say to be able to sell my strengths to the person.

So if the jobs I am trying to get, which I believe I am the best person to do, is being taken by somebody who knows how to sell his/her traits even though his expertise is not as deep as mine, then what type of jobs can I still do? And is interview effectively seeking out the best person to do this job?

Then if everybody is forced to know how to sell himself/herself, and also have the skills to do other stuff, does that means that inside somebody, there is a salesman personality? And that everybody can be a salesman at some time in his or her life.

Hmm talking about it reminds me of the dating game. When a guy/girl wants to chase his/her dream girl/guy, does he/she need to sell himself/herself too? Does an introduction counts to being an interview too?

0 comments: