Latest Art Work

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A riddle from an old friend

I received an email from an old friend about some interesting outlooks of life. At the end, there was a riddle.

What is greater than God and more evil than the devil; the poor have it, and the rich need it, but if you eat it, you'll die?

It was said that if you forward this to 10 people and press shift after that, you will get the answer. But I beg to differ. You can don't do anything and still get the answer. Because the answer is none other than

NOTHING.

NOTHING is greater than God, and NOTHING is more evil than the devil. The poor have NOTHING, and the rich need NOTHING. If you eat NOTHING, you’ll die after a period of time.

In Old Testament, God created the universe out of NOTHING. To make somehing out of NOTHING seems so remarkable, a job only God is capable of I believed.

In Buddhist, they always wish to reach this stage of tranquility, a stage where NOTHING affects them. Devoidness of feelings, the See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil state.

Yet right now, I only have 1 thought, that is if you have NOTHING, you achieve NOTHING, you obtain NOTHING. It might sound pathetic, it might not. Depends on how you deem it. I feel that NOTHING can be as much as a motivation as it can be a setback. If I have NOTHING to lose, maybe I will fight harder? I will try harder?

I'm finishing my this 4 month contract within a month's time. In a way, I am really left with NOTHING. I can be optimistic and start afresh, or pessimistic and think 'forget it, i will never get a job'.

Or I can have another choice, but do i dare to take that path. ... to go or not to go...

0 comments: