Latest Art Work

Monday, April 19, 2010

Where is Northern Italy?

Still remember the Southern Italy Threatened by Tsunami from Undersea Volcano report I read last month... which might affect Rome..

And thus I dropped my plan to visit Capri Islands...

Yet this month, another news hit the Northern Italy... Volcanic ash from Iceland continues to wreak havoc on air travel.

Hmm are they related?

I am not too sure. But I did not expect SQ flights to Milan to be cancelled. Till XX send me the news on some 120 flights between S’pore and Europe cancelled since Thursday... and my dad told me Northern Italy affected. Well my geography failed so when he said Northern Italy, I looked at him blankly... And replied him that people are coming back from Rome though (which I take it that Italy was spared).

But it got my curiosity perked so I googled for Northern Italy after dinner.. and I saw the word "Lombardy" which I recognised Lake Garda is in... but I dropped Lake Garda from itinerary too already because not enough time (Italy is really very big!!!)... and then wiki says.. The capital is Milan.

Oops... after I check SQ flight status and did more research in channelnewsasia, I finally confirmed flights to Milan has been cancelled. Luckily I still got a few more weeks before I'm flying (though experts said the volcanic ash might take up to 6 months to clear up.. but I'm thinking the flight companies will not want to make such hefty loss for these 6 months)...

Hmm.. time for a wait-and-see attitude.

0 comments: