Latest Art Work

Friday, October 10, 2008

Nautical Run Aftermath

It's a Friday, and I'm in ECP haha. This is the 2nd run I participated in preparation... (1st run was SwingKPE.) So woke up early and head to ECP. Took bus 31 and saw familiar scenes... and unfamiliar scenes. Singapore is always changing, that is for sure. Brought back certain memories though as I realised I haven't been here for a real long time.



There were more than 1,300 participants from the Maritime Community and a total of $333,000 was raised for The President’s Challenge and The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund.  I also learned why companies are willing to participate in such event (tax lesser on profits and make employees happy).

One of the free gift is a bear bear.. so cute right. I decided to take a top view of it to make its head BIG... just for fun haha


And this is the shirt.. Actually the material is not bad. I wore it for the run (to standardise with my colleagues).. and am intending to wear it for the next 2 runs.


Of course the crux though is how long I took... it is THE question once I completed the race.  And amazingly I took 42 mins 56 secs (45/133) considering that halfway in the run, I suddenly felt sick and was breaking in cold sweat.  Colleagues attributed to the hot weather.  I'm unsure, just felt it is worst than the NB trial run. 

Anyway after the event ended, went to do some cycling practises... see the sand sculpture exhibit which was part of the race route haha... As mentioned, I focus on the journey not the destination... Still remember while running, I saw a group of tourists at the sand sculpture area and was telling myself to complete the race faster so I can explore it too haha. 

I quite like the purpose of the sand sculpture exhibit.
Enjoy the view,
Appreciate what you see,
Take time to be still,
For Beauty exist only when we care and feel.
Then went to get my NB race pack and had dinner with my XX and his ISS gang at Ah Yat Seafood (so-so food.. oh ya I should remember to ask ST for the photos.  She was trying to take photo to show her colleague but towards the end of the course, she gave up and just concentrated on eating & chatting haha).

The finale though is I finally got a chance to see Keppel Bay. The funny thing is I passed by it for the past 2.5 years on my way to school... haha just another proof that JOURNEY MATTERS...

I really love the bridge... the light changes and I happen to catch it when it is purple... LOVELY!


And my last proof that journey matters is from this sculpture.

I had called it the droplet haha.. but its actual name is
Omega
Every voyage is marked
by a beginning
and a destination
by Sun Yu Li
2008

0 comments: