Latest Art Work

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Running year...

This seems like a running year for me... It all begins when my company sports club wanted to sponsor people to run in the SC run. I'm not a member but it perked my interest and I decided that since last year I tried a vertical marathon, this time, I shall try the "normal" horizontal marathon. Thus I went to sign up for the SC half marathon.

Being too naive about marathons, I did not realise half marathon = 21 km = many times more challenging than my previous vertical marathon.. And I fell sick a few days after I registered. Thus when I tried to train, I realised I could not even complete a proper 4km without stopping. I started to panic.. at that time I had also signed up for the Swing KPE since it was free and leaving only about a month left to train, I had no choice but to keep improving my average speed limit.

Then came 14th Sep 2008, the Swing KPE 10 km run. My brother and I both wondered why we wake up so early to torture ourselves haha.. Took the shuttle bus at 7 am and reach the running area by 7.30....



Can see the organisers put in effort to decorate the place...


They even had fire performance and such to entertain the crowd.

The guy kept saying he has not taken his breakfast and asked if we want some... Hmm at that point of time though, I only felt thirsty. I kind of misjudged the event.. thought they will provide water like my previous vertical marathon.. but I could only get my sip of water after the run started, half an hour later before the turning point... So thirsty...

Anyway I completed the run in 1 hour 15 minutes (rounded up). Phew 8 km/h... I am quite pleased with the results because I was feeling stuffy inside the tunnel already and stopped many times, even before the 4km mark which is usually my endurance point. By the time the event ended, I just kept walking straight. Pass by the game stores and milo van (aww memories.. milo van is a favourite in my undergrad days)...



and toilets.. but I just kept walking straight to the bus stop. My mind was focus only to head home. Besides the queue to play games/drink milo/go toilet were atrociously long. My brother told me when he finished, it was rather empty though but then that guy cheated.. he ended up running 5 km instead of 10 km.. and he came in first I think for that event. In fact he was home even before I was... zzz...

By the way I like the fan and the lantern in the goodie bag. I thought I will not have the lantern, who knows they packed it in the goodie bag.. Happy!

Intending to rest a few days because meeting friends that week.. then start preparing for my next few runs
- Nautical run 6.6 km. Was arrowed by my DM to join when he send me the email and ask me, am I joining... I didn't know how to say No to him ... sighz I better do well and not disgrace the company. Track is in ECP area
- New Balance 15 km trail run... I needed an in between to progress from 10km to half marathon and this seems like the answer to it. Besides the track is in changi area
- SC half marathon... the cause of why I ended up joining too many running events... just to prepare for this so-called major one. I thought of doing a full marathon BUT I think let me just settle this first... Track is in Central area

One thing I'm glad, GA has plan my runs such that I can try different tracks. All these events had different routes.. Plus my regular running route is Pasir Ris, I think I'm happy to say I can try out most of the areas I want to run (as long as I did attend all the upcoming runs haha). I only left west areas but for that I think I might do trekking instead already. Shall see how.

Oh and today is Mid Autumn Festival... Happy Mid Autumn Festival! Bought these 2 lanterns to let my mum touch lottery.. Good Luck!

0 comments: