Latest Art Work

Friday, July 13, 2007

Yahoo Photos & Moi commencement

It took the NUS Commencement 2007 to remind me something... that my own commencement photos were residing in Yahoo Photos.. a site that is going to close down.

It was Saturday, May 19, 2007 when Multiply informed me that Yahoo Photos is closing but I thought no big deal as I doubt I have any photos. But I told myself I will just check it to make sure. It's Friday, July 13, 2007 (Friday the 13th) that I remembered what's residing in my Yahoo Photos... and import it over.

Guess I'm truly grateful for this link. It was a saviour manz.

Anyway I did pop by this year commencement... and took a picture of .. the UCC hahaha. As well as some new buildings like the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music, KR50 a cafe (I think) and the NUS Museum (which I think got renovated.. at least I don't remember its entrance is there).






Unfortunately I did not take a picture of this year's icon, which is a big grad lion. It make me miss my own big grad bear... (and that's when I remembered I have a photo of it lurking in the web somewhere). Even the grey bear bear of 2005 is not as cute as my grad bear in 2004. Haha I still prefer Mr. brown bear I guess.

In fact I did not stay long there. I saw they had a new statue (think is entitled I KNOW or something, did not take a picture because people were queueing to take photo there and I did not want to interrupt) for the 2007 batch, but other than that the rest of the decor is similar. And I met the photo craze crowd which only brings me back to 2004. Weird that while my classmate was looking forward to his own commencement in 2008 when he see such scene, I was looking backward. Ok I have always been a backward looking person. Sadly, I can't change this bad habit of mine.

Anyway that day was my first day of paper. And if that scene makes me wistful, I guess now I'm dreamy... after seeing my photos again. I guess I just cannot concentrate to read finish SRA. I either blog or look through my luggage. And later I should be typing report... the only thing I'm not doing other than not studying is not sleeping...

Actually that photos trigger some memories of mine... and I'm feeling bad that I'm making my parents worried over my decision to fly tomorrow... alone in a foreign country. Indeed this time tomorrow, I should be in the plane. When I made that decision a few months ago, I guess it was just an impulse. At that time, something was stifling me. I wanted to break free. But a few months have passed, and too many unexpected things have happened, and I realised I'm too weak to cut free my bonds. And that I couldn't bring myself to cut it either.

Oh no my air con have shut down twice. Means 2 hours have passed. It's back to books again before I lack the time to do report. I wish all grads of 2007 enjoy their commencement.

0 comments: