Latest Art Work

Monday, September 11, 2006

Messengers

There are 2 new "Messenger" that I wish to try out for FPL (Fun, Peace & Laughter)
They are

- Skype(http://www.skype.com/)
- Meetro (http://www.meetro.com/)

For Skype, I have downloaded the installation since beginning of this year but I have never installed it because nobody I know is using Skype? Or maybe is because I'm not even utilising my MSN Messenger anymore, how do I know who else is using Skype right?

Indeed ever since I left my first company, MSN becomes inactive to me. Partly due to the fact that I no longer can online in my current company (somehow it is smart enough to block me and yet not block my other colleagues using yahoo etc) and the fact that I no longer need to report to my team lead via MSN. Afterall everybody is now withing the company boundary, unlike previous company. Thus I either email or walk over to consult my supervisor. And when I'm at home, I either you-tube or game... and MSN is too distracting for these activities.

But still I would be interested to at least test out the new messengers to see what people are using nowadays. Just realised that I'm getting out of touch with the communication world as I grew increasingly hermit-like.

Anyway Meetro was something that caught my attention while in the classroom. Apparently someone installed it and the interface being bluish, caught my fancy. And I read that it integrates ICQ too... gosh, ICQ. Once my needed software, nowadays when I do remember to login the web version, I only see 1 or 2 person online. Pity I guess. It has the longest list of contacts as compared to my MSN... and my yahoo should have the shortest list. Ha ha. Exclusive access "p

Shall see when I have the mood to message.... Till then!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, as one of the people behind meetro, feel free to come say 'hi' to me on meetro and add me to your buddy list.

vinnie