Latest Art Work

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Foolsgold


Foolsgold by Susan G. Wooldridge. A book I randomly picked in the library previously but had lots of fun with. The author wrote in a somewhat haphazard style, very random and yet theme-based. Somehow she likes boxing up a particular day, a particular thought, a particular theme.

So what is foolsgold?
Foolsgold describes a paradox, the value in what may seem to be worthless. Foolsgold reminds us to look beyond appearances, even in ourselves.

Below are the quotes I obtained from her. It has been a pleasure to read this light-hearted book. And it makes me feel that life really should not be too serious (there is a fine line between responsibility and workaholic kk).

Dont ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. - Harold Thurman Whitman


Dear coeur ,


Come sta?
Sto bene.... Just lost....

Rgds,
Bflygal

Write a letter to ur heart in the middle of the night. Let your heart write back through you. You might not get answers. Just beginning to pay attention to your heart in your body is enough to help you begin to open to your heart's creative, healing ways.

It is only with the heart that we see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eyes.
- Antoine de Saint Exupery

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- Lao Tzu

If we have to be right about everything, we won't allow ourselves to change, and to free our creative natures.

Listen to opposing viewpoints. Look at opposites. Seek a third way.

We need, in love, to practice only this: letting each other go. For holding on comes easily; we do not need to learn it.
- Rainer Maria Rilke

The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend. - Henri Bergson

Dragonfly haiku
No spring dragonflies
Just slow summer butterflies
Float into my day.
-Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine. - Emily Dickinson

Socrates said 'All I know is that I know nothing.' If we don't know anything we have room for expansion. It's all these categories in 'knowing' that can get us into troubles.

Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you. - Og Mandino

If you express what is inside you, what is inside you will save you.
If you don't express what is inside you, what is inside you can kill you.
- Gospel of Saint Thomas
bflygal's comments: Luckily I blog, at least it has kind of been expressed cryptically hahaha

We cannot live in a world that is interpreted for us by others.
An interpreted world is not a hope.
Part of the terror is to take our own listening.
To use our own voice.
To see our own light.
- Hildegard von Bingen.

The mind can be stopped through the act of writing.
Once the mind is stopped on paper, thoughts can remain stable.
- Loving what is, Byron Katie

The future is not some place we are going,
but one we are creating.
The paths are not to be found,
but made.
And the activity of making these,
changes both the maker and their destination.
- John Schaan

I wonder if our creative calling is sometimes something we fear, and if we are lucky, end up being pullled into in spite of ourselves.
If we follow our hunches, those little flashes of intuition, ask within, and listen to ourselves patiently, maybe it can be easier.

I have found that you have only to take that one step toward the gods, and they will then take ten steps toward you. That step, the heroic first step of the journey, is out of, or over the edge of your boundaries, and it often must be taken before you know that you will be supported.
-Joseph Campbell
Bflygal's comments: Reminds me of my short turtle story on "The first step is always the hardest".

Creativity exists in the present moment. You cannot find it anywhere else.
- Natalie Goldberg

The personal life deeply lived always expands into truth beyond itself.
-Anais Nin

The words "I wonder" seem to open the way for a solution on at least a possibility.
I wonder how I'll come to truly understand that our individual world is our place to create, dream, conjure, heal, plant, grow and be.
Bflygal's comments: I wonder how I will fulfil my life's mission, my promise to God and GA.

God's comments are conveyed by the images in the natural world.
- George Keithley on Galileo

By believing passionately in something that still does not exist,
we create it.
The non-existent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
- Nikos Kazantzakis

Sometimes when we give up and let go, everything is over.
Other times, our work might just need time to incubate.
However you'll never know till you fully let go.. like the director and accept not knowing.

Every child is like a seed and nobody, especially the parent, he stresses, knows what the seed will grow into.

Souls recognise each other. The passage of time is unimportant.

The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I have to go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Oh those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree; but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.
- Theodore Roethke

bflygal's comments: A personal favourite. I learn by going where I have to go... Oh-yes!

In the emptiness we may get an inkling—as if something lights up and twinkles—of how we'll begin to form and open to who we're becoming, who we most truly are. We need to leave space both for what we will discover and what will emerge to discover us.

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
- Jelaluddin Rumi, translation by Coleman Barks

The moment one give close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.
- Henry Miller.

Sw: I have a resistance to gluing stones
Mum: yes, it's sort of sacrilege to take a nice wild thing and glue it down.
bflygal's comments: another favourite. The wild things can never be tied down! Thus I have another quote about it here...

You were wild here once. Don't let them tame you. - Isadora Duncan

If the fool persists in his folly,
He will become wise.
- William Blake

The sun shines not on us but in us. The rivers flow not past, but through us, thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies, making them glide and sing. - John Muir

Elisabeth once said her only fear is not death, but that she won't find a way to express who she is in the world.

Nichtalelloudi
A night flower that opens in moonlight when it's safe, when you might even be asleep, sneaking up on yourself in dreams.
bflygal's comments: I wonder how does a nichtalelloudi looks like.. my fantasy leads me to this...


Many people treat their bodies as if they were rented from Hertz - something they are using to get around in but nothing they genuinely care about understanding. - Chungliang Al Huang
bflygal's comments: Eeks.. I promise body, that I will ensure we have mutual understanding.

I can make things sound serious and arty, but truly what I've been doing - not only all this time but all my life, I must confess - is playing.
bflygal's comments: Yup yup, that is what I aim to achieve.. and achieve to aim.

Mermaids might be beautiful but they don't do well on land.
bflygal's comments: So please let Ariel return back....

0 comments: